Killer Queen Black Now Supports Local 8-Player Games
Killer Queen Black has received a major new update, and it’s brought some big changes with it. By far the biggest is the addition of local eight-player support on both PC and Switch, meaning that if you get eight people in a room they can all play the game together.
Patch 1.60, called the Hydra Update, also fixes bugs, shifts some UI elements, and adds a new Streamer mode, among other changes. Here’s the full list of changes.
- Eight-player local support for PC and console
- Region selection on Switch
- Custom (online) and local matches can be started by a single player
- Bots can fill out local and custom matches
- Teams in local and custom matches can now be automatically shuffled
- Streamer mode: Choose which names to display in-game and in menus
- Map pools now skew towards more variety and fewer repeats
- Various bug fixes and UI improvements
The press release for this update also contained a roadmap, showing their plans for the game’s immediate future.
The game is currently discounted down to $10 on the Switch eShop, Steam, and the Humble Store to celebrate the update. It will come to Xbox One at some point, and will be available on Xbox Game Pass.